Get Grid Computing | PPT PPT | Presentation | Seminar Topics | PPTX | Powerpoint | Slides | Projects id : #1783 - only at pptslidesdownload.com. Find Another related post at the bottom of this post. Use search form or click the PPT Categories at the left sidebar of home page or Recent Seminar Topics Categories on the right sidebar of this website.
Grid Computing Presentation outlines
- What is the Grid?
- Related technologies
- Grid applications
- Grid Tools
- Case Studies
- and more
Grid Computing Definition
• Many definitions exist in the literature
• Early defs: Foster and Kesselman, 1998
“A computational grid is a hardware and software infrastructure that provides dependable, consistent, pervasive, and inexpensive access to high-end computational facilities”
• Kleinrock 1969:
“We will probably see the spread of ‘computer utilities’, which, like present electric and telephone
utilities, will service individual homes and offices 4 across the country.”
Why do we need Grids?
• Many large-scale problems cannot be solved by a single computer
• Globally distributed data and resources
Background: Related technologies
• Cluster computing
• Peer-to-peer computing
• Internet computing
• Idea: put some PCs together and get them to communicate
• Cheaper to build than a mainframe supercomputer
• Different sizes of clusters
• Scalable – can grow a cluster by adding more PCs
Please download for more information about “ Grid Computing Powerpoint ”
Thats All about Grid Computing | PPT . You can download this file for more detail about this topics. Please Help us to grow up by sharing this article on your social media. thanks.
|Title||: Grid Computing | PPT|
|Category||: Computer Science|
|Date||: Sunday, December 30th 2012.|
|Download||: Download Grid Computing | PPT PPT #1783|